Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Cat got your tongue?

Did you ever have someone decide to give you the silent treatment and you have no idea why? It's so damn confusing! You sit there wondering.. what did you do? When did you do it? Why did you do it?

Wait a minute...

It's one big mind fuck! Did you do anything?










Let me tell ya, I just went through this crazy shit for the past two days and it wasn't fun. My mind was twisting like a pretzel trying to figure out WHAT THE HELL I DID!










If you're wondering WHO was putting me through such anguish. It was none other than.. my beloved husband, better known as "Mr. Mime" around the house for the past two days. I didn't even realize he held such miming talents. Damn he's good!











He stomped around the house, he slammed doors, he wouldn't talk at all! My mother and Father came to visit and he just walked out of the room... didn't say hello or anything, which I thought was quite rude. Someone please throw me a bone, I was at a complete loss. I hate being put on the spot when I have company, especially when I don't even know what's going on.











I didn't say anything to Mr. Mime, I just let his mimelike behavior run its course. Two days went by, when out of the blue, Mr. Mime spoke.











I replied...

hello?

And looking quite confused I asked... Were you mad at me these past couple days? Did I do something to you, what's going on?

Mr. Mime answered...

No, you didn't do anything, I was just in a bad mood.











You've got to be kidding me?? He was just in a bad mood?! For two days?! So quietly, I resigned to accept Mr. Mimes explanation for his behavior. After two days of confusion, rigorous thinking, and brain stress, I was just too tired to question him any further.

......Just in a bad mood?

But why?

I have to, STOP IT! STOP IT! STOP IT!

I guess some things will just remain a mystery.

11 comments:

blognut said...

Well... whatever it was, he has obviously worked it out himself. Although, I would probably want to have a conversation with him about the way he handles it in the future, it probably really wasn't your fault.

I hate that shit!

I Am Who I Am said...

Oh no. That couldn't have happened in my house. Day #1 of my man acting like a chic...I would have brought him home a box of manpons. And if he had been rude to my parents...he would have totally been sleeping on the couch.

Bad mood? Tough titty kitty. Get over yourself already.

(Lol...word verification:dealing Cause you were totally dealing with some tude)

Tuesday Taylor said...

R U kidding me? I get the silent treatment ALL the time! Mostly from people who are baffled with what just came out of my mouth. But when the hubby tries it, I'm all up in his grill with "WTF? Tell me?" And when he tells me, I remind him, "Hey, buddy, you knew what you were signing up for when we married"...

THE DAILY GRIPE said...

blognut: Believe me.. I hate that shit too! When I asked him about it, he brushed it off. I hope he handles himself differently the next time... I don't want to have to boot him in the tush!

Just A Chic: I love it! Do you make house calls? I'm going to send for you the next time he decides to have a fit. I have a feeling you'd be more than happy to set his ass straight.

S-H: Hahaha! Yeah, I could see if he was mad at me because of something I'd done. But nothin'?? Holy hell, I hope I don't shit the bed any time soon. I'll be facing the firing squad!

Anonymous said...

Clearly he was PMSing, or he briefly turned into a preteen girl. Right??

Blonde Goddess said...

God...I WISH Mr.Man would shut up when he's in a bad mood. He blathers on and on about everything he's pissed about.

I might change my mind if I experienced the silent treatment though.

blognut said...

Hey! You all right over here? No post in 4 days makes anxiety-ridden bloggers worried about you.

Susan said...

I couldn't stay silent for 2 hours let alone 2 fucking days!

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

I get the silent treatment from Mr. Handsome. It's what makes our relationship ours...It drives me crazy, I could kill him because he does not speak. But I do love him so. And he I.

Wow, that was almost poetic.

robkroese said...

I used to give people the silent treatment until I realized that it was a lot of work for something that they usually didn't notice unless I kept it up for 3 days.

Nishant said...

he would have totally been sleeping on the couch. Work from home India